Boost Your Home Value With a Plumbing Upgrade
Whether you are planning on selling your house or you are just looking to change things up, a plumbing upgrade is a great way to increase the value of your home. Many homeowners overlook plumbing and lean towards more aesthetic upgrades when it comes to home improvement. While there is nothing wrong with this, upgrading your plumbing can provide more benefits than just aesthetics. Continue reading to learn more about why you should upgrade your plumbing and six projects to consider. To schedule an appointment with an excellent plumber Midlothian, TX who can take you step by step through the project you are considering, give Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating a call at (469) 240-5618.
Why Should I Upgrade My Plumbing?Upgrading your plumbing has many purposes. When you purchase a home, you want to feel confident that the plumbing equipment and fixtures are in good shape. The same applies to those who will be looking at your home when you decide to sell it. Even if you don’t plan to sell your home in the near future, upgrading your plumbing can provide you with many benefits as well. Take a look at some of the benefits of upgrading your plumbing:
- Improve the fixtures and look of your bathrooms or kitchen
- Increase efficiency
- Save money on monthly water bills
- Better water pressure and functionality overall
Six Plumbing Upgrades To ConsiderThere are many different plumbing projects to consider, some are more exciting than others, but all will improve your home and its functionality. Take a look at six plumbing upgrades that will increase the value of your home:
1. Modern PipesWhile this is probably the least exciting project to complete, it is one of the most important. Older homes typically have galvanized pipes which often become victim to corrosion. This can cause rusty water and burst pipes. Galvanized pipes are usually made out of lead or polybutylene, both of which pose serious risks to your health and your plumbing. Replacing your piping now will save you lots of time and money in the future. If you do replace your pipes, consider replacing them with copper and PVC. These are durable and long-lasting, making sure that your home has intact pipes for many years to come.
2. Laundry RoomAnother addition that could add thousands to your home value is a laundry room. Many prospective buyers look for a separate laundry room when searching for a new home. Whether you turn a large closet into a laundry room or you add a new section to your home, a laundry room is sure to increase your home value. Some homeowners add a utility sink and extra storage to their laundry room. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you would like.
3. Water HeaterThink about how often you use your water heater. Washing dishes, taking a shower or bath, washing clothes and other activities all utilize your water heater. Now think about the last time your water heater was replaced? Older water heaters are more likely to corrode, leak, break down and cause high monthly energy bills. If your water heater has a tank, you may want to consider replacing it with a tankless water heater. They take up less space, are more efficient and will save you money month to month. You should also consider what fuel type would be best for you. While electric is easier and less expensive to install, you will have higher monthly energy bills. Gas water heaters are more expensive to install but will save you a lot of money on energy costs. Talk to your plumber to learn more about what kind of water heater would be best for your household.
4. Upgraded FaucetIf you have an older kitchen faucet that does not have a pull out or pull down feature, you may want to consider replacing it. While it is not necessary to have this ability for a bathroom faucet, it can make kitchen tasks so much easier. With a pull out faucet, you can bring the faucet head closer to dishes you are cleaning or to get to hard-to-reach spots. You can choose from many different finishes, styles and capabilities when upgrading your faucet which makes this a great opportunity to improve the aesthetics of your kitchen plumbing.
5. Bathroom AdditionIf your home only has one bathroom, you may want to consider adding a second. While this is a much more expensive upgrade, it will add thousands of dollars to your homes value. Many prospective buyers look for a house with at least two bathrooms. When adding a second bathroom you can choose between or a full or a half bath, which gives you the opportunity to save money or space. Some homeowners convert old closets into bathrooms and others add an entire new section to their home. To find out more, give your plumber a call to learn about their bathroom plumbing services.
6. Eco-Friendly FixturesOne of the best parts about upgrading your plumbing is the ability to choose eco-friendly fixtures. These include low-flow faucets, energy star appliances and dual flush toilets. Not only do these help to conserve water and energy, they also save you money on your monthly bills. Eco-friendly plumbing installations typically last longer and have higher efficiency. This is an excellent way to add value to your home and to improve your plumbing functionality at the same time.
Reliable Midlothian Plumbing ServicesIf you are looking for an excellent company in Midlothian, Texas to help you give your home a plumbing upgrade, contact Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating. Our team is highly experienced, trained and qualified to handle any plumbing installation job. We also provide maintenance, repairs, inspections and more. No matter what plumbing service you need, our team has got your back. To schedule plumbing service with Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating give us a call at (469) 240-5618 or contact us online.