There comes a time for every homeowner when your furnace just doesn’t work as well as it used to. When homeowners experience a less efficient furnace, their first thought is whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. Many homeowners dread replacement because it’s expensive and can take a long time. But, repairs and replacements shouldn’t be feared. These services have many benefits and can even save you money in the long run. If you are unsure as to whether you need a repair or a replacement, continue reading!
If you are ready to schedule reliable furnace and heating system services, call our Dial One Johnson team at (972) 291-0740.
Repairing your Heating System
Scheduling a repair for your heating system is incredibly important. If you notice anything that doesn’t look (or smell!) right, you need to schedule service right away. Furnaces that aren’t repaired right away get worse and become less efficient. Don’t let your furnace get to that point and schedule repair services as soon as you notice that something is off.
Scheduling repairs can definitely be an inconvenience and a blow to the wallet. But, there are also many benefits to furnace repair:
- Fixes the problem before it gets worse
- Increases overall efficiency
- Extends lifespan
- Far less expensive than a replacement
Furnace repair shouldn’t only be viewed as a nuisance when there are so many good things that can come out of it. Determining when your furnace needs a repair can be difficult. Take a look at some of the most common furnace repairs and signs that you may need one:
- Dirty ductwork: if your furnace is not heating your home as well as it used to or you have begun to notice a decline in your air quality, you may need to schedule ductwork cleaning. When your ducts get dirty, they can restrict airflow. This causes your furnace to work extra hard which in turn can cause inefficient heating and sometimes system damage. Ductwork cleaning is a simple repair that can make all the difference in your furnace.
- Starting issues: have you noticed that your furnace isn’t starting quickly or isn’t starting at all? This could be a sign that you need a repair. Some furnaces use a pilot to start the system and others use an electrical ignition. Regardless of which one your furnace uses, you need to call an HVAC specialist to come repair it. Both the pilot light and the electrical ignition can be repaired or replaced.
- Blower issues: as you use your furnace, the blower develops normal wear and tear. Sometimes this can cause the blower belt, fan or bearings to become damaged. Typically, homeowners can catch this issue when they hear a strange noise coming from their system. An HVAC repairman can easily repair or replace the belt, fan or bearings so that your furnace can continue providing optimal comfort.
- Limit switch malfunction: the limit switch controls how much heat your furnace is producing. If it goes over a certain temperature, the limit switch will turn it off. This protects your furnace from overheating and your home from fire hazards. You will be able to tell if your limit switch is malfunctioning when your furnace is continuously running, especially if your home is already heated to your liking. This issue can quickly become dangerous so make sure to call an HVAC technician right away to replace the switch.
- Thermostat issues: many homeowners don’t realize that a huge amount of furnace problems stem from a malfunctioning thermostat. The thermostat tells your furnace what temperature to reach. If the thermostat malfunctions and cannot properly communicate that to your furnace, then it may never reach that temperature. If you notice that your furnace is constantly heating more or less than what you have set on your thermostat, then it is time to call an HVAC specialist.
There are many more signs that can tell you if your heating system needs to be repaired. Just remember this: if your heating system is under 15 years old, does not require frequent repairs and usually provides effective heating, then you most likely just need a repair not a replacement.
Replacing your Heating System
Most homeowners dread replacing any kind of system. However, the most difficult part of replacing your heating system is feeling confident that it actually does need to be replaced. Here are some ways you can tell if your heating system needs to be replaced:
- It is over 15 years old
- It requires frequent repairs
- It doesn’t heat as efficiently as it used to
- Maintenance and tune-ups aren’t doing much to increase efficiency
- Your energy bills are higher
- It becomes irreparably damaged
If most or all of the above parameters are true for your heating system then you probably need a furnace replacement. If you still aren’t sure, all you have to do is call an HVAC technician to check it out. They can determine if your furnace still has a few years left or if it is on its last legs.
Heating System Repair and Replacement in Duncanville, TX
If you are looking for an excellent heating system repair company in Duncanville, TX, no need to search “heating repair near me.” Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating is the best choice for Duncanville residents. We offer HVAC repairs, maintenance, installations and replacements for a variety of systems including heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioners and more.
With over 50 years of experience in the industry, we have the experience and knowledge necessary to provide only the best service. Our team is dedicated to providing reliable service with a friendly smile. When you hire Dial One Johnson Plumbing, Cooling and Heating, you can trust that you will only get the service and recommendations that you actually need.
With Dial One Johnson, you never have to search “hvac repair near me” again. Give us a call at (972) 291-0740 or contact us online to schedule high quality service that you just can’t beat.